Join our team in Washington DC and be part of 2013 with us!
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position. College credit is available.
- Excellent writing, researching and editing skills
- Avid user of the internet, social media, and Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and passionate about community organizing and social justice
- Exhibits strong communication skills
- Self motivated, fast and independent learner
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Promoting Voto Latino's message
- Supporting coalitions and creating new partnership opportunities with other organizations
- Using creative development research for the execution of marketing and communications
- Assisting with logistics for events such as town halls, fundraisers, and receptions by
- Researching event materials and locations
- Helping coordinate celebrity appearances
- Assisting with planning and recruitment for Voto Latino events
- Supporting the development team with daily tasks such as writing reports, researching partners, ect.
Other responsibilities may include:
blogging, and developing other forms of digital communications and processes.
Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube required
Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Knowledge of WordPress or HTML a plus
You will get real world experience in dealing with meeting deadlines, marketing and social media efforts in the non-profit world.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter email@example.com with “Digital Media Intern” in the subject line. Emails only, no phone calls please.
Help manage Voto Latino’s Facebook and Twitter Support the Online digital directed in collecting relevant and topical news stories
Research and distribute information on current events, legislation, trends, and pop culture
Archive past campaign creative materials and analytics
Help with distribution of external newsletters
Support marketing initiatives: ordering, distributing and measuring success of materials.
Creativity, enthusiasm, commitment, and professionalism
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Versatile writing styles and good writing skills
Flexibility, good time management, and attention to detail
Self-directed, proactive and solutions-driven
Extensive knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc
An innate understanding of pop culture and news
An interest in politics and social justice work
Submit your resume and pdf samples of your work at steve[at]votolatino.org We will contact you directly should your qualifications meet the position's requirements. No phone calls please.
Voto Latino non-profit, non-partisan organization founded in 2004 by actress Rosario Dawson and spearheaded by President/ CEO Maria-Teresa Kumar. Voto Latino’s vision is to increase American Latino youth civic participation by both increasing voter turnout and political involvement among this group. Voto Latino’s work ranges from on the ground voter registration to engaging with youth through pop culture and multimedia awareness campaign.
Serious inquiries only, please. No phone calls.
Responsibilities & Requirements
• Be skilled in relevant software Photoshop & Illustrator
• Work closely with our creative team to provide the best graphic solutions.
• Design and implement a broad range of print & web marketing materials.
• A strong sense of design, layout /composition, typography, and color.
• Detail oriented with ability to work on multiple projects at once
• Good with deadlines